Subscribe Now!

Enter your email address:

Friday, October 14, 2011

Too Many Google+ Notifications?

Tired Of Too Many Google+ Notifications? Now You Control Who Can Send Them To You

posted on October 7th, 2011
Screen Shot 2011-10-07 at 5.13.32 PM
There is a certain strange person that used to mention me on Google+ and whenever I’d click on the mention (I couldn’t resist I MEAN IT’S RIGHT THERE) I’d get slightly depressed. And I’d think, “Why Google? Why can’t I do the Google+ equivalent of “blocking” this strange person?”
Apparently I wasn’t alone on this, as Google has now given Google+ users the ability to control who has the power to up the count on the red blinky notification thingy in the right hand corner of your Plus bar. Hoorah!
Users can now adjust when notifications go off for individual sharing, mentions, hangout invites, play invites, messages sent and when users select the “notify about this post” function. But before you go get all drunk with this nascent power, you’ll still get notified if someone comments on your posts or adds you to a new circle, inexplicably.
Baby steps … Of course I don’t have the feature yet, because Google is rolling it out “slowly.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...