Subscribe Now!

Enter your email address:

Thursday, January 27, 2011

American Ex-Rapper “Loon” Accepts Islam


In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāh wa-barakātuh.


This is Loon’s official website. Tara Umm Omar

24 December 2009

Choosy Hokins [Chauncey Hawkins] was one of the most popular American rappers. The thirty four year old young man, who assumed the name “LOON”, was a member of “Bad Boys” band. He was an international singer of rap and hip-hop, and the sales of his albums exceeded seven million CDs. But at the peak of his success, he left all this fame and luxury for the sake of what is greater and more dignified than all these pleasures, Islam.

This great religion succeeded to attract this youth because it answered many of the questions that confused him for years. Loon also realized that Muslims are completely different from the rumors said about them by the American mass media as he found them very loving and hospitable people. Therefore, he did not hesitate to accept Islam, and he changed his name from Loon to Amir. His wife and his son could not resist Islam’s mysterious beauty, so they converted to Islam after him.

In spite of his great wealth and fame, Amir admits that Islam makes him feel a mysterious happiness which he did not experience during his luxurious life.

El Gizera channel interviewed Amir last week during his visit to kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and now let’s know the details of his affecting story.

Loon’s story began seven months ago, when he decided to follow the right path sacrificing his extraordinary wealth and fame. Thus, all this luxury did not prevent him from accepting Islam forgetting his great success inside and outside America.

Amir visited Mecca last week to perform Omra, Islamic rite, for the first time in his life, with his colleague Basel. Basel was also a celebrity who spent twenty one years of his life as a singer. His former name was Lizly Bridgen, and he assumed the name FREEWAY.

Although he was a successful artist, Freeway gave up his life as a singer when he announced his conversion to Islam in 1996. Basel now cooperates with a Canadian Organization which aims at attracting popular singers to accept Islam.

The Universal Organization of Scientific Miracles in Riyad hosted the two American singers during their visit to the kingdom last week, and El Gizera channel interviewed them a few hours before their departure from the kingdom.

Now, let’s enjoy Amir’s interesting speech to the channel.

Describing his life before Islam, Amir says, “I was an outstanding figure in America as I achieved a brilliant success as a rapper.”

“According to the questionnaires of the American mass media, I was among the best ten singers in America,” he continues, “and my success increased when I sang with the international singer Puff Daddy.”

Amir also adds, “More than seven million CDs of my albums were sold, and I wrote the lyrics of fifty two songs of various types.”

Then, Amir tells the interviewer about the beginning of his journey to Islam saying,” seven months ago, I visited Abu Zabi, Emirate’s capital, and there I found the real happiness and tranquility which my wealth and fame failed to give me all over my life as a singer.”

He continues, “I was affected with the Arab Muslim’s culture; and I admired their refined morals, their kind treatment with people, and especially  their regular going to pray in the mosque five times every day.”

He adds, “Consequently, I began to ask about the reality of this religion, and whether it was only exclusive for Arabs, and I realized that Islam includes all human beings without any consideration to their nationalities.”

Amir also declares, “Then, I announced my conversion to Islam after a profound thinking, and I prayed for the first time after my return to my home in Harlem, New York.”

In addition to this, Amir relates how Islam changed his life as follows, “Islam turned my life upside down since I renounced the profession which I practiced from seventeen years old; however, now I feel the serenity and peace of mind which I longed for all my life.”

He assures, “My relief increased a lot when my wife and my son accepted Islam.”

Amir also states, “I became very enthusiast to know more about Islam when I joined a Canadian Organization calling for Islam, and now I work on attracting the popular singers and artists to understand Islam’s tolerant principles.”

Amir describes his feelings during his visit to Mecca and to El-Medina when he states,” when I was performing Omra, a few days ago, I lived a very poignant moment when I saw the holy Kaaba for the first time in my life.”

He adds, “I could not bear this affecting situation, so I could not stand on my feet, and I began to cry thanking Allah who allowed me to perform this magnificent ritual, and to visit the Prophet’s honorable mosque.”

Finally, Amir talks about his meeting with the two Imams of El-Medina Sanctuary, El-Sheikh Ali Al-Hozaify and El-Sheikh Salah Al-Badir, saying,” It was a very pleasant and interesting meeting in which they recommended me to work in favor of Islam by calling other people to accept it; moreover, they asked me to perform Islam’s obligations, and to be modest in my treatment with other people.”

Amir also hints, “I will follow their recommendations in my new project of calling people to accept Islam.”

Before Amir’s departure, the manager of The Universal Organization for Scientific Miracles, Dr Abd Allah Ben Mohammad El-Hammody, and his assistant, Dr Ahmad Ben Hamam, gave him a number of publications which define Islam and link it with life’s diverse domains.

THE INTERVIEW OF AMIR IS IN 4 PARTS ON YOUTUBE. HERE IS THE 1ST PART

Dear Muslim Brothers See Reverted Muslim Brothers are following Allah Order And Way OF Prophet Rasulullah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wasallam) Why Still We are Not Following Think Think .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...